RRB NTPC Syllabus 2019
Candidates aspiring to start a career in the Indian Railways under Non-technical Popular Category (NTPC), may appear for the RRB NTPC Recruitment Exam 2019. The official notification for RRB NTPC 2019 is out. This year, more than 35,000 vacancies have been announced by RRB for NTPC posts. RRC (Railway Recruitment Cells) too has announced the RRC Level 1 recruitment of more than 1 lakh candidates.
There are various posts like Station Master, Trains Clerk, Goods Guard, Senior Clerk cum Typist, Junior Account Assistant cum Typist, and Senior Time Keeper, etc. Online registration for RRB NTPC 2019 has already started. The RRB NTPC last date to register is 31st March 2019.
Aspiring candidates planning to appear for the exam can refer to the RRB NTPC syllabus to start their preparation. In this post, we are providing the RRB NTPC syllabus in details.
Read on to check the RRB NTPC syllabus.
RRB NTPC Syllabus 2019
Before getting into the detailed Railway NTPC syllabus, let’s have an overview of RRB NTPC 2019:
Name of the Organization: Indian Railways, Railway Recruitment Board (RRB)
Number of Vacancies: More than 35,000
Name of the Posts: Various Posts
Job Location: All Over India
Official Website: www.indianrailways.gov.in
The Railway NTPC selection process involves the following stages:
- First Stage CBT – Preliminary Exam
- Second Stage CBT – Main Exam
- Skill Test (Computer Based Aptitude Test/Typing Skill Test) (based on the posts)
- Document Verification
- Medical Fitness Test
Both Prelims and Mains have the following subjects:
- General Awareness
- General Intelligence & Reasoning
Let us now look into the detailed RRB NTPC syllabus for these sections:
RRB NTPC Syllabus For General Awareness
The Railway NTPC syllabus for General Awareness is as under:
- Current Events of National and International Importance
- Games and Sports
- Art and Culture of India
- Indian Literature
- Monuments and Places of India
- General Science and Life Science (up to 10th CBSE)
- History of India and Freedom Struggle
- Physical, Social and Economic Geography of India and World
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution and Political System
- General Scientific and Technological Developments including Space and Nuclear Program of India
- UN and Other Important World Organizations
- Environmental Issues Concerning India and World at Large
- Basics of Computers and Computer Applications
- Common Abbreviations
- Transport Systems in India
- Indian Economy
- Famous Personalities of India and World
- Flagship Government Programs
- Flora and Fauna of India
- Important Government and Public Sector Organizations of India, etc.
RRB NTPC Syllabus For General Intelligence & Reasoning
The topics included under the Railway NTPC syllabus for General Intelligence & Reasoning are as under:
- Completion of Number and Alphabetical Series
- Coding and Decoding
- Mathematical Operations
- Similarities and Differences
- Analytical Reasoning
- Venn Diagrams
- Data Sufficiency
- Statement – Conclusion
- Statement – Courses of Action
- Decision Making
- Interpretation of Graphs, etc.
RRB NTPC Syllabus For Mathematics
The Railway NTPC syllabus for Mathematics is as under:
- Number System
- Ratio and Proportions
- Time and Work
- Time and Distance
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Profit and Loss
- Elementary Algebra
- Elementary Statistics, etc.
So, now you have all the details about RRB NTPC syllabus 2019. Start your RRB NTPC preparation at the earliest so that you can finish the syllabus soon and have enough time for revision.
As you can see, the RRB NTPC syllabus is almost the same as the syllabus of other government recruitment exams, like IBPS (banking) and SSC, you can take the bank mock test series of Embibe. These mock tests are available for free and will help you in your RRB NTPC preparation as well.
We hope this detailed article on RRB NTPC Syllabus helps you in your preparation. If you have any query regarding Railway NTPC Syllabus or the exam in general, drop a comment below and we will get back to you.