RRC Group D Exam Pattern 2019: According to RRC Group D Level- 1 2019 notification, the exam is scheduled tentatively in September-October 2019. The exam is conducted to recruit candidates for various operational posts in the railways. Since railway jobs are highly sought-after, the competition for this exam is very high. In order to give your preparation the best shot, you need to know the RRC Group D Level 1 2019 exam pattern and detailed syllabus of RRC Group D exam. In this article, we will provide you with all the necessary information regarding the Railway Group D exam pattern. Read on to find out.
RRC Group D Exam Pattern 2019 Highlights
|RRC Group D Exam 2019||September-October 2019 (tentative)|
|Exam Mode||Online/Computer Based Exam (CBT)|
|Exam Duration||1 hour 30 minutes (190 minutes)|
|Total Number of Questions||100|
|Type of Questions||MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions)|
|Marking Scheme||+1 for Correct Answer
1/3 marks will be deducted for incorrect answers
|RRC Group D Exam Pattern||There are 4 sections: General Science, Mathematics, General Intelligence & Reasoning, and General Awareness and Current Affairs|
RRC Group D Level- 1 Selection Process
RRC Group D is conducted online. The exam is Computer-based. Applicants who get through the Computer-based test (CBT) will be called forward for the Physical Efficiency Test (PET). Furthermore, candidates clearing the PET will go ahead and sit for the Document Verification and Medical Examination. The RRC Group D recruitment comprises three stages of the selection process:
- Computer Based Test
- Physical Efficiency Test
- Medical Examination
Detailed RRC Group D Level- 1 Exam Pattern 2019
Before you start preparing for RRC Group D, knowing the Railway Group D Level 1 exam pattern is of great importance. Glance below to know the detailed RRC Group D exam pattern:
1. Shifts of RRC Group D 2019: The time, date, and venue of the examination will be declared by the RRC and the same shall be intimated to the eligible applicants. It is to be noted that request for the postponement of examination or a change in venue or shift will not be entertained by the conducting body.
2. Sections of RRC Level 1 2019: The CBT of RRC Group D exam pattern comprises four sections namely- Mathematics, General Science, General Intelligence and Reasoning, and General Awareness.
3. The total number of questions: The total number of questions in the paper is 100.
4. Marking Scheme: Each question in all the sections carry 1 mark. 1/3rd of the marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
5. Duration of RRC Group D 2019: The time duration for the exam is 90 minutes. Eligible PwD candidates accompanied by scribes will get the time duration of 120 minutes to finish their paper.
6. Minimum qualifying marks: A minimum of 25 percent is required to qualify in the examination.
RRC Group D Exam Pattern 2019: Section-wise Distribution Of Questions
Look below to get a clearer knowledge of the RRC Group D exam pattern:
|Sections||Number of Questions/Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|Mathematics||25/25||A composite time duration of 1 hour 30 minutes (90 mins)|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||30/30|
|General Awareness and Current Affairs||20/20|
RRC Group D Exam Pattern 2019: RRC Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
Applicants who get through the first stage of RRC Group D exam, i.e. the CBT, will be further called for the Physical Efficiency Test (PET).
|Male Candidates||Female Candidates|
|Run for a distance of 1000 meters in 4 minutes and 15 seconds in a single chance||Run for a distance of 1000 meters in 5 minutes and 40 seconds in a single chance.|
|Lift and carry 35 kg of weight for a distance of 100 meters in 2 minutes in a single chance without putting the weight down.||Lift and carry a weight of 20 kg for a distance of 100 meters in 2 minutes in a single chance without putting the weight down.|
RRC Group D Exam Pattern 2019: Document Verification
Based on the performance in CBT subject to their qualifying in PET, applicants twice the number of vacancies will be called for Document Verification as per their merit and options. The following documents are required for verification by the official body:
- SC/ST certificate (if any)
- Photocopy of both sides of Aadhar Card.
- JK domicile certificate.
- OBC-NCL certificate.
- Matriculation/High School exam certificate or an equivalent certificate as proof for date of birth and matriculation qualification.
- Medical certificate for persons with disabilities (PwD).
- Minority community declaration on Non-judicial stamp paper.
- NCVT(NTC/NAC)/SCVT certificate as applicable.
- Non Creamy layer declaration by OBC candidates.
- Income certificate for waiving examination fee for Economically Backward Classes.
- Original discharge certificate for Ex-servicemen.
- Receipt of payment, if made through a challan at SBI branch or Pay-in-slip at a computerized post office.
- Self-certification by the transgender candidates.
Note: However, the additional applicants will be considered for empanelment only if there is a shortfall in empanelment from the merit list or as a replacement against the shortfall on account of not joining of recommended applicants in the working post or any other special requirements. Applicants should note that RRBs/RRCs only recommend names of the impanelled candidates and appointment is offered only by the respective Railway Administrations.
RRC Group D Exam Pattern 2019: Normalization of Marks
Applicants will be shortlisted for various stages based on the normalized marks obtained by them. The normalization scheme to be followed for short-listing applicants from CBT to PET as well as for Document Verification process is as follows:
In CBT, the exam may have to be conducted in multiple sessions. For such multisession papers, a suitable normalization is applied to take into account any variation in the difficulty levels of the question papers across various sessions. The formula for calculating the normalized marks for multi-session papers is as below:
Note: The Railway Administration reserves the right to modify the formula/adopt different formula based on technical considerations.
RRC Group D Exam Pattern 2019: RRC Level 1 Syllabus
Now, to start off with your study, knowing the RRC Group D exam pattern is not enough. A better preparation obviously needs one to have knowledge of topics coming in the examination. You should be well aware of the RRC Group D exam syllabus to structurize your study plan well.
TAKE FREE RAILWAY MOCK TEST NOW
RRC Group D exam pattern will help you take your preparation in the right direction. Make sure you give equal importance to each and every section. Practice diligently for the exam and you can get through it. Spend time on solving previous year papers. At the same time, take a sufficient number of RRC Group D mock tests. Take free Railway Mock Test on Embibe to get the hang of solving the paper and also work on your time-management.
If you have any query with the RRC Group D Exam Pattern 2019, do let us know about it in the comment section below and we will get back to you soon.